Monday, December 15, 2008

Album Cover Ideas

Since I wrote about what I don't like for the cover of Taylor Hicks new CD, I thought I'd share some ideas that I DO like.

I posted these last April, so if you've seen them before, I apologize. I'm very big on recycling!

These first few are derivative of classic album covers:

Inspired by Led Zepplin's untitled fourth album:


Inspired by Michael Jackson's "Thriller":


But perhaps Taylor should be thinking of making a more obvious attempt to reach fans of genres other than soul. A few examples:


In that vein, maybe a "Duets" album, like the ones Frank Sinatra recorded? Taylor could really grab the youth with some well planned collaborations:


But, I suppose knowing Taylor as we do, he'll always return to the sound that sparked his passion for music: soul. Pop music may dominate the charts, but I believe there's a market for soul music as well. One very successful musician in particular has had a lot of luck with a distinctive look that just may work for Taylor as well. He might want to consider it:








Then again, I could be wrong.

21 comments:

Soul Reporter said...

Caryl, that's hilarious! I vote for Thriller Taylor! That's funny as hell. :-)

Lubiana said...

Freakin hysterical! LOL

Kenzie said...

OMG... you're a riot, lol.

Um... Marylin Manson though? I may be young, but I'm not crazy!!

He should stick to workin with Snoop Dogg if he wants to stay with the younger crowds ;]

caryl said...

I thought about using a photo of Taylor with Snoop Dog, Kenzie, but what's funny about that? That really happened. It may have been ODD, but it wasn't funny.

Note: Taylor's album would be titled "Triller" not "Thriller." A triller is a singer. I looked it up and everything!

Jennifer said...

Too funny, caryl! Love it.

Bluesgirl said...

Caryl, You are so funny!!! Thanks for a good laugh

AH said...

Caryl, I think you missed your calling - you should definitely consider a career as a stylist to the Stars - - Ursa Major, Orion, the Gemini Twins ......
T'was brilliant - thanks for the laugh.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Hilarious! Sadly, album cover art is a dying art, as is snapping. :D

J. said...

The Winehouse beehive is a really good look for him.

Your chops are just brilliant!

J. said...

The Winehouse beehive is a really good look for him.

Your chops are just brilliant!

lois meyer said...

You are too much!! Did I raise a clever kid or what!!

Caryl's Mom

Soul Reporter said...

*Waving to Caryl's mom* Hi, Mom!! Yes, you raised a great kid. We like her, we really like her. :-)

Chicken & Waffles said...

You're a genius, my dear friend! But you know that. Uhh--I hope you do! I thoroughly enjoyed this.
xox

jerseyirish said...

Caryl, You always make me laugh with your comments and ideas, brilliant!!!


JI

Linda T said...

Oh my word, the Led Zeppelin one cracked me up!!

jerseyirish said...

Caryl, Hope all is well, haven't seen you around even at RHS, just dropped by to let you know I am thinking about you.


JI

Sunny said...

You're so silly. (hugs)

caryl said...

JI: Thanks for that. Things aren't good at my house right now. My son is going through a bad time and it's getting to me. You can send me an e-mail, if you'd like: carylzimm@aol.com

jerseyirish said...

Caryl, I will send you an e-mail. I have a tough one also, they can really get you down. They don't do it on purpose it just their temperment.


JI

DJinKC said...

LMAO! Great!!! LOVED Winehouse! ROFL!! :)