Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Somebody's Watching Me

For a reason I can't fathom, my son, Jake, and his housemates want to read my blog. I don't think they're looking for info about themselves. I think his friends are curious about me. (Hi, Jake, Kevin and Mia!)

Ever since he called to ask for the web address, I haven't written anything. I'm sort of paralyzed. But I need to get over it and type up an update.

My mother is coming in SIX days and here's the state of the room we want to put her in:



Well, there's no way we'll be getting a hardwood floor by next Tuesday, but that's OK. We have another extra room upstairs that I can put a bed in.

When they say everything's bigger in TX, they aren't kidding. Houses are huge. Out of all of my sisters, I have the biggest house and it cost the least. We have 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, a game room, dining room, eat-in kitchen, den and living room. 3300 sq ft. It's a bitch to clean. (haha)

So now that Jake moved out we actually have three bedrooms that aren't being used. One is set up as an office. (That's where I am right now!) I can put a single bed in the other room for my Mom. She'll be fine.

But 3 days after she arrives, I have 3 more people coming. I've got to get that room downstairs finished so I can set up the queen bed for my sister and her husband. It's going to be close, but the people putting in the floor think they can do it.

Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

jerseyirish said...

Caryl, I'm sure you guys will pull it off!!! We've been in tight situations with folks coming and we always had what we needed done, done.

Hi Jake, Kevin & Mia!!!
So you are being watched by Jake's housemates? I am waiting for mine to find me on twitter, that should be interesting.

Enjoy the new room when it is completed.


JI