Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's Goin' On?

Do you think it's a celebrity's obligation to communicate often with his/her fans? I've never followed a celebrity's career as closely as I've followed Taylor Hicks', so I don't know what the norm is. How involved should he be at his official website?

I'm very patient and very forgiving. I'm pretty good at waiting and seeing. But I know of fans who have simply lost interest as time ticks by without updates. I hate to see that happen.



(Let this play out while you do other things. Marvin sounds great here!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair weather fans? I guess that's why the divorce rate is so high. Some are just not very patient and forgiving. They take the easy way out and give up and move on.

Sierra Lita said...

Well I guess I'm patient too. But to me the whole Amazon EW thing isn't that big of a deal. I'll just wait until it's officially supposed to come out and then see what happens. Heck, I wasn't even gonna buy it anyway. I already have UTR and IYT.

FoodHussy said...

i met him after Grease last week - he was very nice - my blog has a pic of us :-)

his myspace page is pretty good about having updates...

he said he's hoping for his next album to come out this fall and it will be much like Under the Radar (yeah!!!!)

:-)
Heather

Sierra Lita said...

Nice to meet you Heather! Welcome to the soul patrol! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Marvin!! His album with Tammy Terrell is one of my favorites.

About the updates. Doesn't he leave plenty updates on his myspace? How can we tell if many fans have moved on?? I sure can't.
I'm just sitting back and watching his career move on. I'm content with what I've seen so far.
To me... some fans expect to much out of Taylor and think they should judge his career moves. So be it, but I'm not one of those fans.

Caryl, hopefully I'll join you in chat. When you pick a date make sure to post it asap!! It will be nice chatting with everyone again.

Tif