Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm sorry, what?

Tuesday night my husband and I went out to dinner with some people from the company he works for. We dined with 2 men from England, a woman from Scotland and another man from Louisiana. Though we were all speaking English, the accents were flying and none of us understood the other.

One of the Englishmen told a long story about the people who work for him and the only thing I understood was, "Indian head MAssage." We all laughed at the conclusion of his story because (from what I gleaned from his facial expressions and hand gestures) his employees expected to receive these massages as a perk regularly. "Indian head MAssage" became the catch phrase of the evening.

Then the Scottish women asked my husband a question which he asked her to repeat. He still didn't understand her, so he blurted out, "I think she was a hooker!" We all laughed because it made no sense. My husband doesn't even know why he said that, but I'll be interrogating him on that for the next few days.

Great food and great company, even if we didn't speak one another's language.


VideoJug: How To Do An Indian Head Massage

2 comments:

Chicken And Waffles said...

MAssage--ASSage. All the same to me too, Miss Caryl!!
I enjoyed your Danny post, by the way. That's a very fine tribute to a very fine friend. Brava, madam!

caryl said...

Wait, you're right, it's MAssage. I'm going to change that.

Yeah, Danny's a good guy. And I really have known him since I was a baby. very cool.