Sunday, May 18, 2008

Crawfish Boil



We have these wonderful friends who throw a crawfish boil every year. So, while Jamie was a-proming, Greg and I went to The Russells and took our place at one of the makeshift tables heavily laden with crawfish, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes.



We used to have crawfish boils all the time when we lived in Louisiana. You throw everything into a big pot, boil it up and then dump it out on a table. Plates and utensils are unnecessary. Paper towels, on the other hand, are a must!



We had a great time until I twisted the head off my first crawfish, pinched off it's feet and remembered how much I've always hated doing that! In fact, it makes me a little queasy! (wuss) But the spicy potatoes, sausage and corn were delish, especially when chased by a nice, cold beer.

Good times.