Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hello Kitty

Our new dog, Henry, is unlike any other dog I've known. He's by far the smallest, but he has the biggest personality. He will NOT be ignored.

He has to be right in the middle of whatever I'm working on. If I'm folding laundry, he engages me in a game of tug o' war or will simply steal a small item from the pile and hide it somewhere.

I know one of these days Jamie's going to have his soccer buddies over and they'll find one of my bras behind a couch pillow. Not one of my cute ones, either. It'll be some sorry old thing with worn out elastic and a big ole safety pin holding it together.

Henry's latest peculiar habit is to climb on the back of the couch and curl up like a cat.

His brown fur blends nicely with the leather and I often don't see him there. "Where's Henry?" I'll ask my husband, only to see those big brown eyes staring up at me about waist height. The dog's eyes, that is, not the husband's.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love your couch! Silly, but that was my first thought...

Henry is a hoot. I love his little personality! Hugs to him, and to you, C.
xo
J.

Sierra Lita said...

What an adorable little dog! My cat sleeps on top of the cushion just like that. :D

Anonymous said...

Henry is too cute. :)

Soul Reporter said...

I've never been a big fan of dogs, but I have to admit that is a really cute little dog. How much does he weigh? I like the one picture of him catching shade underneath the bigger dog.

lois meyer said...

He is a cutie! When I was there in January, he would curl up in my lap and take a nap. I remember you saying that Henry operated at l or 10 - he was either asleep or full of energy!

He was 3 pounds when you got him, what is he now?

Love, Caryl's Mom