Monday, January 28, 2008

"Git 'Er Dun!"

My apologies:


Larry the Cable Guy

My husband is a fan of the guys on the "Blue Collar Tour". You know- Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White and Larry the Cable Guy. We caught a broadcast of the tour on TV during Thanksgiving break at Gail's lake house. After we had seen each and every comedian perform his own brand of humor (each and every one!) Greg declared that he liked Larry the best.

I'm not a huge fan, but since I'm such a giver, I bought him two tickets for Christmas to see Larry the Cable Guy here in Houston. And because I wanted him to totally enjoy the experience, I told him it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he took his friend, Joe or our friend, Gail, or even a stranger loitering outside the theater. "No, no, I want to go with YOU!", he insisted.

The show was last night. It was OK. If you enjoy bathroom humor and poking fun at the disabled, his show is for you! The audience loved him. People actually yelled out, "Git 'er dun, Larry!" When the show was over, Greg said his mouth hurt from smiling so much. All because of me. That's what I do. I'm a giver.

Since Monday's post is supposed to be about music, I gave you the musical side of Larry up above. Hope you enjoy it! If you don't, I understand.

4 comments:

Kenzie Ryan said...

I'VE MET HIM!!!

AND.......... He's from Omaha! He's a huge Husker fan, which is where I met him, at a Husker game.

I'm not a huge fan of his, I like to watch his Christmas special. but my favorite Blue Collar Comedian is Bill Engvall. "Here's your sign."

hahaha... I can't stop laughing, now I have to watch hours of Youtube.

Kenzie Ryan said...

Btw... it's "Git 'Er Dun."

caryl said...

haha, Kenzie! I was going to say something about how we DIDN'T meet him after the show, but it turns out you did meet him. (I don't know what that means)

And, the title I wrote has been bugging me, but I thought I had it right. I'm going to change it as per your correction. Thanks!

lois meyer said...

Larry is funny but a little too "earthy" for me. I prefer Jeff - in comparison to Larry, Jeff is almost sophisticated!

Glad you had a good time but I guess you need me to get those celebrity shots!
Caryl's Mom