Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger



From the Sydney Morning Herald:

"Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger, 28, has died of a possible drug overdose involving sleeping pills in New York, police have confirmed.

The actor was sick with pneumonia when he died, the TMZ.com website reports, saying it had been contacted by representatives of Ledger's family, who said they'd been told by police that the actor's death was accidental."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/ledger-did-not-kill-himself-says-family/2008/01/23/1201024937592.html

"Brokeback Mountain" is one of my favorite movies.



It's the ultimate story of two lovers forced to live apart. Heath Ledger shows us the frustration and pain of his character's situation without using words. It's all there in his face.

I had only recently begun to take notice of this gifted actor. What a tragic loss.

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

I was cleaning a house yesterday, when the family was watching it on the news. I was shocked. The only thing I had heard at that point was drug overdose. It's common that stars often overdose, but Ledger didn't seem the type, I guess. The sleeping pills and pnuemonia make more sense though. Its horriffic that he had to die so young. He would've been great.