Sunday, February 17, 2008

Music Monday

I happened to catch the Beatles movie, "Help!" on TV this weekend. It's completely juvenile and silly. My kind of movie! I forgot how fun it is. Actually, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I ever saw the whole flick.

I was just a kid when the Beatles hit the scene. I could hear my big sisters' albums playing down the hall but I was never welcome inside their too-cool-for-me room. The Beatles played sophisticated and grown-up music. If I was caught lurking outside their door, my sisters would shoo me back to my own pink phonograph and my Monkees 45's.

Aaaanyway...enjoy this clip! How can you NOT sing along?


2 comments:

JOJOSIE said...

You sisters sound like my daughters, only the outsider in my house was their younger brother. I knew practically all the Beatle songs by heart as I heard them over and over and over again. John was my favorite until he met Yoko Ono. One of my Beatle favorites was called Norwegian Wood. I think I'll go over to u-tube and see if it's on there anywhere. Thanks for the memories. As a Taylor fan I have to add that I think he does Beatle covers as well as anyone.

caryl said...

Yes! Taylor did "Don't Let Me Down" at a show I took my friend to. She wasn't familiar with Taylor's music but she commented later that she particularly liked the way he did that song.